Sunday, May 24, 2009

"Moving Day"

Well, everyone....
My sister's graduation is over, and now I really have to focus on getting some other things done! My car is all packed up and ready to roll tomorrow morning. I have a sack lunch ready to grab out of the fridge before I leave, and the family's new atlas has been freshly highlighted.
One could even say, "Jen's ready to go." But am I?
I don't know anything about this place I'm going to. Other than that it's in the Palo Duro Canyon in the middle of the desert of the Texas panhandle. I've only briefly talked to folks on the phone about the job and my apartment. Hopefully when I get there on Tuesday, there will be someone in the apartment office to let me know everything about where I will be staying. Someone called me on Friday asking me what my apartment number was and a few other questions, but I didn't really know how to answer them because I haven't heard anything from the Collegiate Station Apartments. I suppose I'll find out when I get there.
So...I suppose tomorrow is the big day. I'm planning to be up and out on the road by 7:00 a.m. Hopefully I will make it all the way to Texas! The drive is going to be about thirteen and a half hours, so I will be there by sometime on Tuesday if not late tomorrow night.
I will definitely keep everyone updated on how things are going and everything like that once I get settled and start working.
I had better get some sleep, y'all. I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow!
Wish me luck!
~Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment